Approaching My Neighbour
- Most homes are backing onto and surrounded by other homes. Shared property lines mean shared costs.
- The cost per linear foot should be divided by 2 on every side where a neighbour shares your property line.
- Fences will eventually go up. Different people have different priorities and neighbours may not always see eye to eye on when the fence should be put up.
How do you as a consumer approach your neighbour?
- The most effective way is to first have a friendly conversation with all neighbours that are connected to your property line, both beside you and behind you!
- Let them know your intention to put up a fence. Even if they do not want to put up their whole fence yet, they can simply share the cost of the side they share with you.
Eg. If your rear neighbor shares 30 feet with you and the cost is $30 per foot, they would pay 30ft x $15.00=$450 with no obligation to complete their fence. This is the neighbourly thing to do. It is also regulated by local By-Laws which support shared cost on mutual property lines.
How can CAN DO Fence & Deck help?
- If you are willing to take steps 1. and 2. above, CAN DO Fence & Deck can help move the project forward by setting up an information meeting with you and all your neighbours.
Setting up an information meeting with you and all your neighbours
- We will schedule a meeting, notify everyone involved & arrange to meet with your group of neighbours to answer any questions or concerns your may have. Just ask us how!
Protecting cooperating neighbours from price increases
- Any neighbour paying for a partial fence they share but who are not completing their own fence will be given a price guarantee for up to 2 YEARS!
- Prices rise an average of $2 per linear foot per year, mostly due to lumber price increases.
- A small payment now keeps neighbours happy and saves them money when they're ready!
Meeting privately with your neighbours to resolve any issues
- If immediate payment is the problem, we may be able to offer up to a 3 month Payment plan.*
- CAN DO FENCE & DECK WILL DO ANYTHING NECESSARY TO HELP NEIGHBOURS STAY GOOD NEIGHBOURS, WHILE BUILDING THE BEST QUALITY FENCES WITH ONE OF THE INDUSTRY'S BEST GUARANTEES.
*Payment plans may be subject to some additional charges